ESquared Hospitality is a multi-unit restaurant group that spans multiple cities and states. This is an opportunity for an aspiring chef to learn new techniques and tactics, and see how to open a restaurant with an exciting company. The Sous Chef is the person who is the link between the Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine and all back of house employees. He/She is responsible for the following:
• Adhere to company policy and procedures that are established in our handbook.
• Follow your work schedule.
• Comply with all restaurant grooming and hygiene standards.
• Act professional and accommodating, and always maintain composure in the restaurant.
• Support the team by learning all stations and being able to work on them as needed.
• Teach and motivate the staff; give feedback to management as needed regarding the progress of all employees.
• Oversee that the staff maintains the quality of all products that are served to our guests from the time the product is delivered to
our restaurant and all steps of storing, butchering and cooking until it reaches the guest.
• Hold responsibility for all aspects of the kitchen when the Chef de Cuisine is away.
• Maintain cleanliness of the kitchen and prevent over usage of cleaning materials.
• Accurately report closing emails and manager logs to reflect the day’s events.
• Communicate all direction from Executive Chef and CDC to all cooks, prep, dishwashers and porters.
• Pace the service of the kitchen, and be aware of all special needs.
• Work with the FOH management to ensure all guest satisfaction.
• Be aware of any conflicts between staff and work to solve these problems; consult with CDC as needed.
• Preferred candidates will have culinary training, but we will consider equal equivalency in experience
• Must have 2+ years’ in management
• Ability to be a hands-on leader, supporting the team in all aspects and stations, as needed
• Ability to prioritize time and strategy for support
• Ability to communicate effectively in a fast-moving environment
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
Why work with us??
Competitive hourly rates & opportunity for growth (we are expanding!)
Paid Time Off
Full benefits package with 75% paid premiums
401k with employer match
Flex Spending Accounts for Medical, Transit & Parking
Shift meal, dining discounts in other E2 restaurant locations, and a great work environment!
If you think you are a great fit for this role, please let us know by applying today! E2 Hospitality is an EOE, and we look forward to hearing from you.