Much like how the by CHLOE concept aims to share delicious, plant-based food that fuels and energizes without compromising flavor, taste or satisfaction, we expect that our Kitchen Managers also never compromise. It is their responsibility to make sure that our guests are taken care of in an accommodating and professional manner, and to ensure total satisfaction through leading their team with a passion for our product, and a quality-driven leadership style.
The Kitchen Manager will support the daily operations with tasks including (but not limited to) opening and closing procedures, guest and employee relations, service and menu Q&A, and above all else, creating a positive atmosphere and restaurant for our guests and staff. It is their responsibility to oversee the following:
Employee & Guest Relations
- Check in with employees to confirm attendance and make sure they are prepared to begin shifts
- Welcome all new hires, and champion their training & performance management
- Support the GM with daily and weekly tasks, and provide assistance to all employees as needed
- Assign breaks & side work tasks for all employees
- Maintain positive and motivating environment for all employees and guests
- Coach & counsel under-performing employees, and follow up with documentation as needed; recognize stand-out performance from
staff as well
- Learn and understand all company policies and provide suitable advice to employees
Product & Quality Assurance
- Check quality of all products each day, and organize rotation of displays
- Consistently monitor the BOH staff to ensure that they are following compliance standards with regard to Recipe/Portion Control,
Department of Health, and Safety & Sanitation
- Take ownership of the Expo station, ensuring that each and every item that comes out of the kitchen is adhering to by CHLOE.
- Open and close the store; keep management aware of any issues that arise
- Listen to and handle guest complaints regarding Quality Standards, and escalate to GM if necessary
- Manage left over products and handle all waste prior to closing
Health & Safety
- Regularly inspect store to assure standards are maintained at all times
- Always keep all areas of stores clean while operating business and provide regular feedback to night porters to make necessary
- Ensure all employees are properly trained in safe work practices and procedures; observe their interactions during their shifts, and
follow-up with feedback, as needed
- Own the location’s maintenance process and follow up to make sure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Manage DOH compliance and stay updated with all knowledge needed to handle DOH inspection
- 2-3 years of experience in handling various shifts in a restaurant kitchen environment; quick-service or fast-casual experience is
- Experience in or the ability to adapt and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for food and restaurant operations; interest in vegan/healthy lifestyle is a plus, but not required!
- Must have a desire to make an impact on customers and employees, to help continue to grow our business
- Proven ability to be a role model
- Open availability required (including weekends and holidays)
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership as needed.
Why work with us??:
- Competitive hourly rates & opportunity for growth (we are expanding!)
- Paid Time Off
- Full benefits package after 90 days with 75% paid premiums
- 401k with employer match
- Flex Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent Care, Transit and Parking)
- Shift meal, dining discounts in other E2 restaurant locations, and a great work environment!
If you feel like you are a good fit for us, please send in your resume for immediate review. We look forward to hearing from you! by CHLOE is a member of ESquared Hospitality, who are proud to be equal opportunity employers.