Casa Nonna, which means "Grandmother's House" in Italian, is as open and inviting as you would expect from our name. Located just south of the theater district, it is our tribute to authentic flavors and quality ingredients that are the hallmark of true Italian cuisine. The menu is a culmination of traditional Roman and Tuscan fare, highlighted by fresh, local and seasonal ingredients, overflowing with options ideal for sharing. The restaurant boasts a stellar wine list of all-Italian selections, celebrating the quality and diversity of Italian grape varietals as the ideal complement to your meal.
We are seeking a Pasta Chef, to be the backbone of our kitchen. This person will be responsible for the following:
• Following instructions of the Chef at all times.
• Keeping their station clean and organized, and in accordance to health codes.
• Assisting coworkers as needed and as directed.
The Pasta Chef will create new and exciting pasta dishes, and train other staff members for back-up, as needed. He/She will complete tasks such as mixing ingredients, forming the pasta dough, carefully cutting the pasta, and preparing sauces and toppings. The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to prepare a large variety of pastas, dexterity, food storage expertise, and multitasking.
Why work with us??
• Competitive hourly rates & opportunity for growth (we are expanding!)
• Paid Time Off
• Full benefits package after 90 days with 75% paid premiums
• 401k with employer match
• Gym Discount (NYHRC)
• Flex Spending Accounts for Parking, Transit, Medical & Dependent Care
• Shift meal, dining discounts in other E2 restaurant locations, and a great work environment!
If you think you are a great fit for this role, please let us know by applying today! Casa Nonna is a part of E2 Hospitality, who is proud to be an EOE. We look forward to hearing from you!