Tavern62 by David Burke is a modern American tavern, situated in New York City’s Upper East Side. The menu features American plates as a reflection of Chef Burke’s contemporary approach to cooking, with a nod to elevated New York classics paired with a curated wine list, craft beers and a specialty cocktail program.
Tavern62 is looking for a strong Pastry Chef to assist our team. Responsibilities Include:
- Preparing all breads and a wide variety of goods (such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread, etc.), following traditional and modern
- Creating new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers.
- Decorating pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Maintain a clean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
Why work with us??
- Competitive hourly rates & opportunity for growth (we are expanding!)
- Paid Time Off
- Full benefits package after 90 days with 75% paid premiums
- 401k with employer match
- Flex Spending Accounts for Parking, Transit, Medical & Dependent Care
- Shift meal, dining discounts in other E2 restaurant locations, and a great work environment!
If you think you are a great fit for this role, please let us know by applying today! Tavern62 is a part of E2 Hospitality, who is proud to be an EOE. We look forward to hearing from you!