Reports to: Restaurant Manager
Summary of Position:
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time, they will want to return again and again.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
• Inform guests of specials and menu changes.
• Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
• Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
• Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar.
• Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
• Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
• Maintain clean service areas.
• Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
• Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
• Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
• Be ready and willing to assist busperson with clearing and resetting tables.
• Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
• Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
• Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
• Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
• Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
• Previous experience as a server in a high volume restaurant
• Possess strong knowledge of American cuisine
• Possess strong beverage wine, beer and spirits knowledge