The Server’s responsibilities include; having detailed knowledge of the menu and wine list and articulating with enthusiasm those details, taking all guest’s orders, executing beverage service adhering to proper standards, assisting with food delivery and clearing tables, collecting payment and most importantly, knowing how to read the guest and provide them with the type of experience that they desire.
• Have detailed knowledge of the menu. Stay abreast of menu changes.
• Have knowledge of the wine list and be able to pair wines by the glass with menu items.
• Know the house cocktails; basic ingredients, taste.
• Be fluent in the use of the POS system.
• Adhere to your work schedule.
• Adhere to the restaurant grooming, uniform, and hygiene standards.
• Act professional and accommodating and always maintain your composure.
• Serve alcohol responsibly.
• Perform assigned side work.
• Take all guests’ orders as necessary.
• Ensure that the necessary flatware, glassware and other extras for each course are set prior to food delivery.
• Oversee and assist food delivery by Runners.
• Execute beverage service and adhere to proper wine service standards.
• Participate (with the Server Assistant) in the clearing of tables.
• Understand thoroughly and articulate with enthusiasm the details of our menu.
• Anticipate needs of the guest and exceed their expectations.
• Minimize breakage with proper handling of china and glassware.
• Assist dishwasher in scraping plates, racking glasses and soaking flatware.
• Clean and maintain your work area at all times.
• Assist other stations, when requested.
• Collect payment. Check accuracy of check before presenting.
• Handle banking for station. All handling of gratuities must take place out of public view.
• Communicate with your Managers and Supervisor. Identify and report problems immediately.
• Communicate with the service team. Prioritize all your station’s needs and know when to ask for help.
• Be able to up-sell the house specialties and daily specials to the guest.
• Know how and when to provide information that the guest needs, wants and does not yet know he/she wants tactfully and with
• Be able to answer general questions about the property, restaurant and other E2 restaurants.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 1-2 years Experience; Fine-Dining experience is a huge plus! (Not required for the right candidate.)
• Superior Hospitality Skills
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Great Attention to Detail
• Flexible Schedule
Why work with us??
Competitive hourly rates & opportunity for growth (we are expanding!)
Paid Time Off
Full benefits package with 75% paid premiums
401k with employer match
Flex Spending Accounts for Medical, Transit & Parking -- Gym Discount (NYHRC)
Shift meal, dining discounts in other E2 restaurant locations, and a great work environment!
If you think you are a great fit for this role, please let us know by applying today! E2 Hospitality is an EOE, and we look forward to hearing from you.