Located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, BLT Steak New York is the flagship of the BLT brand. BLT Steak is our interpretation of the American Steakhouse, combining bistro ambiance with steakhouse fare enhanced by the richness of the decor. Guests can enjoy our signature warm popovers, an acclaimed selection of steaks, fresh seafood, satisfying sides and creative desserts alongside a weekly Blackboard Menu featuring specials that highlight seasonal flavors and local ingredients.
The Bartender’s responsibilities include; having detailed knowledge of the menu and wine list and articulating with enthusiasm those details, and taking all guest’s orders. Bartenders must also have general knowledge of liquor, know the origin and general characteristics of each brand, execute well-made cocktails, provide food service with the skill of a Server, collect payment and most
importantly, know how to read the guest and provide them with the type of experience that they desire.
• Control costs by: taking accurate inventories, limiting waste, pouring drinks at proper levels,
ensuring all beverages go on the guest check.
• Be fluent in the use of the POS system.
• Have detailed knowledge of the menu. Stay abreast of menu changes.
• Have knowledge of the wine list and be able to pair wines by the glass with menu items.
• Have general knowledge of liquor, know the origin and general characteristics of each brand.
• Help Management conduct regular physical inventory of all alcoholic beverages.
• Know how to open the bar.
• Know how to close the bar.
• Adhere to your work schedule.
• Adhere to the restaurant grooming, uniform, and hygiene standards.
• Act professional and accommodating and always maintain your composure.
• Serve alcohol responsibly.
• Perform assigned side work.
• Take all guests’ orders as necessary.
• Execute well-made cocktails.
• Provide food service detailed in service manual.
• Understand thoroughly and articulate with enthusiasm the details of our menu, wine list and cocktail program.
• Anticipate needs of the guest and exceed their expectations.
• Minimize breakage with proper handling of glassware.
• Clean and maintain your work area at all times. Clean floors, no overflowing trash cans, clean service wells and bar top.
• Collect payment. Check accuracy of check before presenting.
• Handle banking for station. All handling of gratuities must take place out of public view.
• Be aware if a guest is unhappy while he/she waits for a table and notify the Anchor or a Manager.
• Know how and when to provide information that the guest needs, wants and does not yet know he/she wants, tactfully and with
• Communicate all countdowns and 86’ed items with Management and floor staff.
• Identify and report any problems to management immediately.
• Be able to answer general questions about the property, restaurant and other E2 restaurants.
Why work with us??
Competitive hourly rates & opportunity for growth (we are expanding!)
Paid Time Off
Full benefits package with 75% paid premiums
401k with employer match
Flex Spending Accounts for Medical, Transit & Parking -- Gym Discount (NYHRC)
Shift meal, dining discounts in other E2 restaurant locations, and a great work environment!
If you think you are a great fit for this role, please let us know by applying today! E2 Hospitality is an EOE, and we look forward to hearing from you.