Located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, BLT Steak New York is the flagship of the BLT brand. BLT Steak is our interpretation of the American Steakhouse, combining bistro ambiance with steakhouse fare enhanced by the richness of the decor. Guests can enjoy our signature warm popovers, an acclaimed selection of steaks, fresh seafood, satisfying sides and creative desserts alongside a weekly Blackboard Menu featuring specials that highlight seasonal flavors and local ingredients.
We are seeking a Pastry Cook, to be the backbone to our Pastry Chef. All Pastry Cooks will be responsible for the following:
- Preparing pop-overs and a wide variety of goods (such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread, etc.), following traditional and modern recipes
- Decorating pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used
- Following instructions of the Chef at all times.
- Keeping their station clean and organized, and in accordance to health codes.
- Assisting coworkers as needed and as directed.
The Pastry Cook will prepare breads and pastries, including preparing doughs and fillings, proofing, baking, and decorating as appropriate; Understand the variety and volume of baked goods to be produced daily. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality and presentation standards, and food prep checklists. Keep Chef informed of excess food items for planning of daily specials. Safely and appropriately use baking and measuring tools/equipment/appliances to prepare baked foods.
Why work with us??:
- Competitive hourly rates & opportunity for growth (we are expanding!)
- Paid Time Off
- Full benefits package after 90 days with 75% paid premiums
- 401k with employer match
- Flex Spending Accounts for Parking, Transit, Medical & Dependent Care
- Gym Discount (NYHRC)
- Shift meal, dining discounts in other E2 restaurant locations, and a great work environment!
If you think you are a great fit for this role, please let us know by applying today! E2 Hospitality is an EOE, and we look forward to hearing from you.