The Bookkeeper will work as part of a team, to oversee all restaurants: 18 at time of hire, and growing rapidly. The bookkeeper will help to reconcile budgets, revenue, and expenses on a regular basis. This includes staffing, food costs, capital expenses, and maintenance. This person must be self-sufficient, with the ability to make sound decisions to benefit the company. This is an environment with shifting priorities, so the ability to multi-task and be flexible and adaptable to differing situations is required.
This person will be in charge of assisting with bookkeeping, payroll and accounting responsibilities, particularly for the following:
• Prepare Weekly Sales and Gross Profit Reports: pull the POS numbers and reports, and review for accuracy. Post to books. Review food cost and compare actuals to budget. Prepare reports for management as needed
• Prepare monthly financial reports, including balance sheet, comparative income statements and cash flows
• Maintain Chart of Accounts for all entities
• Weekly account reconciliation; maintain multiple entities general ledgers within Quickbooks
• Receipts – Review and tally each day’s receipts; reconcile and post for all accounts.
• Payroll – assist with entries, reporting and reconciliation, as needed (back-up to payroll team)
Skill & Knowledge Requirements Include:
• Minimum 2 years of bookkeeping/accounting experience within a multi-unit environment; hospitality industry preferred but not required
• BS/BA in Accounting or Finance required
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and QuickBooks required; experience with Restaurant 365 preferred
• Demonstrated success in previous roles with leading best practices to streamline processes and procedures
• Must be highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, autonomous and able to drive results
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.